Wednesday, October 26, 2011

"So I quickly invented my Super-Axe-Hacker which whacked off four Truffula Trees at one smacker." Dr. Seuss



Electricity is a valuable commodity. When I started out with this journal I did not know the amount of electricity I really used. Everyday any given person uses tons of electricity, including me. This has been the past 24 hours in my life.
  • Phone charging when i wake up, the alarm goes off, I unplug it. 
  • Fan on medium 
  • Ac on 78
  • Take a hot shower, using the electricity to make it hot. 
  • Using computer to check email, school,and other things about ten minutes or so. 
  • Turn on stove to make breakfast. 
  • Use the dishwasher to clean all the dishes.
  • Leave in car.
  • Come back home turn on lights after dark
  • Turn on fan again
  • Get on computer check everything again and to do homework for online classes. 
  • play DS, charge DS
  • finally turn on T.V. for a movie until i decided it is time to go to bed
  • Lights and T.V off, go to sleep.
Over the course of a day interact with so many electronic devices. And these are just the home devices not to mention the ones at work. Technology has come so far over the years. Starting with the lightbulb and going from there. I myself use a lot of it and so do my roommates. Bt it is hard not to when all you have ever know is light and power and the ability to flip a switch and have information at your finger tips. This is the age of technology and it is too bad that all this technology needs electricity to run. I think that after all the ground we have made in what phones or computers can do, we could find a way to use less and less power. Like more solar powered items. Another is wind power, using the resources to sustain the coal and oils that we use in excess everyday. 
I have learned money saving tips since i moved out of my house and now i have to pay the bill. I never turn on lights i do not need. When i leave i make sure everything is off and the air is turned up. I work hard to save money and by doing so i feel a little better about my contribution to the Earth and its ability to endure.







Words: 382

No comments:

Post a Comment