Monday, August 29, 2011

"Mister!", he said with a sawdusty sneeze, "I am the Lorax, I speak for the trees. By Dr. Seuss

   We are all connected to the environment in some way shape or form. From the time the sun shines into a window until the moon comes out at night, we are experience nature. As a child I was effected by Florida nature. I was born and raised in the same town my whole life. I would play and watch the unpredictable weather that this state has to offer. The nature of Florida is connected to me and I to it. Without nature there would be no life beyond the doors of our homes. Nature provides us with food and water sunshine and darkness, everything is so interdependent. The most notable connection is that of provider and consumer, a type of mother to us all. We live and breathe because nature allows it. And we care and protect our environment. We depend on her as she depends on us. When we make bad choices not only do we suffer but the home we live on suffers, I guess this could be called a symbiotic relationship we use each other and benefit from this interaction. I think of all ways to describe the connection I have to this state it would be that.


   Even though I do not spend more time in nature only about 7 hours a week really in outdoors,  when Molly and I will go for walks and enjoy the hour in relaxation. This is a time I do not have to worry about everything going on in my life or the lives of others. Nature has proven to be a real blessing for my crazy world.  I have a real appreciation to and for the world we live in. Without Florida I would not have the home that I have now Florida has become my home, and will remain that way forever.




Words 304

No comments:

Post a Comment